The Big Email of Reminders
- The NCDC Organizers
- Mar 24, 2018
Hello, Wonderful Dancers!
NCDC is just a week away! In preparation for that, we've put together our 'big e-mail of reminders'. If you registered your team, please share this with them. Its sorted by importance, and the key points are in bold. If you think it'll apply to you, you can read the details. If not, skip to the next point. We're so excited to see you soon!
Super Important (Please Read):
First, the fun news: Don't forget to sign up for private lessons starting today! You can take lessons with our adjudicators for just $60 at the scheduled seminar breaks throughout the competition. This is a rare opportunity to take lessons with national champions and finalists at introductory-lesson prices. You can check out all the details at the same location the google form is located: http://usadancencdc.
Food and Beverages Logistics (IMPORTANT): Due to local regulations, our food and beverage rules are more onerous than normal. We've worked closely with the venue to minimize the impact to you, and we believe we've come to a solution that should not impact you significantly. We'll start with what sounds a *lot* worse than it is: you cannot bring food and beverages with you "in to the venue". This is strictly a liability issue/food license for the venue. We get it, they get it. Here is what we have come up with:
- Empty water bottles are obviously fine. In addition, our participation gift for this year will be water bottles to ensure that everyone has easy access to water at any time they please. We'll have ample water at the event via water stations and water fountains.
- The venue agrees that to meet the local regulations we only have to make sure there is no outside food "in the venue". If you plan to bring food to the event, you can easily leave it in your vehicles and consume it anyplace that is not inside the doors (like your car or literally just outside the doors). We suggest this route for participants looking to bring food as the Odeum will be checking bags for food as you enter the main areas.
- Don't have a car? If you're willing to trust a volunteer with your food, several volunteers will have cars on site. Shoot us an email at email@example.com and clearly label your food. We'll be happy to store it in our vehicles. You'll just need to go to the front desk when you want to eat some of it outside.
- We've arranged for concessions to be open at the event. This includes reasonably priced meals (hamburgers, pizza, etc.), snacks (fruit, chips, cookies, etc.), and desserts (they're very good).
- There are numerous food options nearby, including a whole foods grocery store. These are within 5 to ten minutes of the venue.
- The schedule has allocated approximately 90 minutes to the lunch break and dinner breaks at this time. So, even if you are a finalist who has to stay until the end for awards there should be ample time to acquire nutrition in the manner you prefer – including going back to your hotel to eat.
Between each of these options, we believe the impact to you will be fairly low. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation.
Don't forget your student ID, your proof of USA Dance membership, and checkbook as appropriate! We need to confirm each of these things before you are able to check in. If you can have these items available as you are in line, the process will go that much faster!
If you're planning to use the shuttle services from the hotels, please e-mail us by Monday night at firstname.lastname@example.org! This is so we can schedule the shuttle times for when you actually want them and need them!
Reminder: Parking is paid at the event. $15 for the weekend or $10 per day. Buses are $25 for the weekend. This includes unlimited in/out privileges. Having cash or check on hand will make that process easiest! PSA – if you are at a hotel that offers hotel shuttles, you can also use those instead. Just make sure to contact us to we know to schedule them when you need them!
Reminder: Set up and send us your team matches! Register your team(s) on o2cm, then e-mail us your team roster(s) at email@example.com. You can enter multiple groups of 8, so long as they consist of 8 unique individuals across all of your teams. We will be enforcing the 'protected proficiency' dances.
Reminder: Costumes rules will be enforced! Costumes are not allowed in newcomer and bronze. These are defined as costumes with rhinestones or floats built with for the purpose of competitive dancing. We don't like being the bad cop, but we do not want the experience for the newest members of our community to become one of haves and have-nots. We're not going to go after you for sparkles on your shoe buckles, but we do ask for your cooperation in making the experience as fair and enjoyable as possible for the newest members of our community.
Reminder: TBA couples should come to the event at doors open to sort out their registration if they do not have a partner by the day of the event! We will set aside space and time to find people for you to dance with, we just want to make sure we have enough time to do this and get you registered before your events begin!
Good to Know:
The schedule outline and rough order of events is up on the website at http://usadancencdc.org/ticket
Be sure to read the program, which includes the NCDC Anthology – Volume 1! It's filled with articles and content from members of the community about continuing on in DanceSport. We hope you enjoy it!
Reminder: Paying before you get to the venue makes your registration process easier. You can pay on o2cm by selecting a package and proceeding from there. Email us if you have any questions!
That's all for now. Just one week left! See you soon!
The NCDC Team