NCDC Postponement Announcement
Wonderful dancers, spectators, and friends,
We are extremely disappointed to announce that we have no choice but to postpone the 2020 National Collegiate Championships.
Up until now, we were committed to holding the event – taking all of the precautions as outlined by the CDC for large gatherings, staying in regular contact with the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools, and monitoring updates on the situation daily. Even as recent as Tuesday, we thought we would all be able to proceed as planned. However, a combination of events such as emergency policy changes regarding large gatherings on the University of Chicago Campus, a large number of teams being banned from student-funded travel, and today’s announcement by the World Health Organization declaring a Coronavirus pandemic left us with no option but to postpone.
We recommend that you reach out to your hotel and airline/transportation accommodations, many of whom have amended their policies regarding change fees and refunds. In the coming days, we will be providing full registration refunds.
We were as excited as you to be a part of NCDC 2020 in a few weeks. If there is any way we can help you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You can email us at email@example.com, or you can message us here on Facebook.
We’re evaluating our options for going forward in 2020 in the fall, and we look forward to seeing you all at NCDC in 2021.
We’ve kept what made this event so special last year and added new features based on your feedback. This year’s festivities feature:
- More – for less! Dance as much as you like. We’ve continued to hold no restrictions on number of entries and we’re keeping the discounted inaugural entry fee rates.
- Same Great Venue – Held at the Laboratory Schools of the University of Chicago, we’re thrilled to partner with local schools in the area and provide a more traditional college-competition feel to competitors.
- Tighter and Unique Schedule – We’ll be running a tighter schedule that ends earlier. We’re proud to keep our fantastic evening session featuring open dancers, ample social dancing, redesigned team matches, and alumni events.
- Learn and grow! Attend dance seminars throughout the weekend with top coaches. Participation is FREE for competitors.
- Win and earn – Last year we raised over $20,000 for scholarships, gifts, and financial assistance for competitors. We hope to do even better this year. There will be almost $5,000 up for grabs to the top 12 teams of both team matches!
- Team based and inclusive –The team matches allow for maximum participation and parity. National team rankings will be calculated and updated throughout the competition.
- Free photos – photography will be taken throughout the event and distributed for all participants to use and share – absolutely free!
- Free Participation Gift – last year’s NCDC shoe bags were a big hit. We hope you’ll enjoy this year’s mystery participation gift just as much!
- No membership requirement – USA Dance members will receive a discount on registration. Shameless plug, did you know that membership in USA Dance pays for itself? You should consider giving it a try!
- …and so much more!
For more information, check out details posted on this website. We’re just getting warmed up, so be sure to come back often to find out more about the event, hear the latest news, and learn more about the USA Dance College Network! You can also find us on Facebook.